The kitchen sink is no doubt an essential part in any kitchen and definitely the one that would be constantly in use during the whole day. So, when you have to decide on various kinds of sinks and feel ambiguous what you should buy, then take a pause and think about it calmly.
Stainless steel is consistently one of the most popular materials for kitchen sinks, and for good reason. When it comes to cleaning habits and durability with a range of affordable options, it’s king.
- 1 Top 5 Best Stainless Steel Sinks 2018
- 1.1 #1 Kraus KHF200-33 33 inch Farmhouse Apron Single Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- 1.2 #2 Zuhne CM-UREM-81S5 33 Inch Farmhouse Apron Deep Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Luxury Kitchen Sink
- 1.3 #3 Kraus KHU102-33 33 inch Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- 1.4 #4 KRAUS KHU100-3030 Inch 16 Gauge Undermount Single Bowl Stainless Steel Sink
- 1.5 #5 Kraus KBU14 31 1/2 inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- 2 How to choose the right stainless steel kitchen sink?
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Stainless Steel Sinks 2018
The Kraus stainless steel kitchen sink is a practically designed, Apron front sink which goes well with all kinds of kitchen décor and adds an aura of elegance and classiness. It is made with premium grade T-304 stainless steel, while the handcrafted 16 gauge construction makes it a reliable and durable kitchen accessory. The basin has a 36-inch interior length, which gives a lot of space to contain several large dishes at a time. Its smooth satin surface makes it super easy to keep the sink clean and dry at all times.
- It comes with Thick rubber dampening pads supplemented with a stone guard coating which helps greatly to dampen the sound while washing dishes.
- To ascertain a quick drainage system, this Kraus stainless steel sink is designed with Chanel Grooves and a 3.5” wide drain opening.
- It comes with all the hardware accessories required for installing the sink and can be mounted in three different ways, such as under mount, flush mount and top mount.
The Kraus Sink is of high quality and comes with a limited lifetime warranty and a corrosion resistant surface makes it serve the purpose of washing dishes in the most fitting manner.
#2 Zuhne CM-UREM-81S5 33 Inch Farmhouse Apron Deep Single Bowl 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Luxury Kitchen Sink
The Zuhne 33 inch is an apron deep, T-304 16 gauge stainless steel sink which is made up of first-rate manufacturing material and is built according to industry standards while keeping in mind the usability and durability factors. The stainless steel used for this sink is considered to be 25% stronger than usual stainless steel and prevents the sink from dents, wraps and damage due to heavy pots and utensils. Its satin finish along with a scratch resistant layer makes it all the more durable and gives it an overall luxurious look and feel.
- The sink is designed with a 3.5 inch drain hole and strategically created slope gradients to ensure a quick and easy drainage system.
- It is sound proof and has condensation prevention mechanism which saves the underlying sink cabinets.
- The 0.5 inch covered corners of the sink give it a sleek look and makes the maintenance and cleaning a quick and easy process. All in all, this is an industrial grade premium quality kitchen sink which is durable and sturdy and comes with a limited lifetime warranty as well.
The Kraus 33 inch is a double bowl 16 gauge kitchen sink which is well known for its durability, versatility and resilience. The double bowl feature gives the user a lot of space and variety to wash dishes in a proper and quick manner. It has a T-304, fine grade stainless steel construction and is also equipped with thick rubber dampening pads to make it sound proof and a stone guard under coating to prevent dampness and humidity in the underlying kitchen cabinets.
- It comes with carefully engineered channel grooves and a 3.5 inch drain opening to ensure easy drain operation.
- The sink is made up of corrosion resistant surface and has a smooth satin finish along with rounded corners which gives it a soft, glossy look and keeps the sink dry and clean as well.
- It is an under mount style kitchen sink with a rear drain and comes with all mounting hardware for easy installation. This Kraus kitchen sink comes with a limited lifetime warranty and its double bowl design gives a lot of diversity and usability options to the sink.
The Kraus KHU-100 is a 30 inch single bowl kitchen sink which is handcrafted by skilled artisans and is composed of top quality, T-304 stainless steel material. It goes well with all kinds of kitchen settings with its fine curves of the radius corner and sleek lines. The sink is equipped with thick rubber pads and a coating of stone guard, which makes it damp proof as well as sound proof. It comes with a stainless steel bottom grid and a basket strainer drain assembly to assist the dishwashing process and make it quicker and rapid.
- This stainless steel kitchen sink has a non-corrosive surface and an immaculate satin finish which gives it a smooth structure and guards the sink against rust and corrosion.
- The 16-gauge construction makes it a durable and long lasting kitchen item while the deep basin size makes it convenient to wash large and heavy dishes.
- The drainage system is perfect with a 3.5 inches drain opening and Chanel grooves which promote quick drainage. This Kraus sink has an elegant design and it can last a lifetime while keeping your kitchen look up to date and modern.
The Kraus KBU14 is a wide and deep kitchen sink that accommodates large dishes easily and its 16-gauge stainless steel composition prevents the dents and damage that may occur by washing heavy dishes. It is made up of thick and top grade manufacturing material and has soft, rounded curves which ensure a quick cleaning process. It has a corrosion resistant and non-porous surface which makes it a long lasting kitchen investment.
- It has a smooth and shiny surface owing to an immaculate satin finish and has thick sound dampening pads which dampen the noise of washing dishes.
- The 3.5 in drain opening is ideal for quick drainage and you never have to pull out the residues from the drain surface.
- It comes with all the mounting hardware and can be mounted in three different ways according to the user requirements.
This is a deep, heavy duty kitchen sink and comes with a lifetime limited warranty. It is easy to install and has easy maintenance requirements.
How to choose the right stainless steel kitchen sink?
Buying the best stainless steel sinks, is a time taking and important task. Anyone who is looking to remodel, restructure or revamp or build a new kitchen, does have some queries in mind regarding how and which kitchen sink would be the best. If you have made your choice regarding type of material you need and have decided on the stainless steel sink, then you surely have made a great decision. Now next steps that you’ll have to take are as follows:
Preliminary inspection about configuration and essential structural elements:
The first thing that you should be aware of for any kitchen sink, is its structural design and features and how it has been configured to bring ease and increase the efficiency of the user. You need to focus on the different aspect and see how the sink will set in and would it be an easy fit for your use or would require you to get used to its features.
Features like the width, the depth and the overall size should be looked at. You will have to choose according to the usage requirements. Also look at the configuration of tap holes and the garbage basket settings and the area needed to install.
After that, scrutinize your selected items and choose in following steps:
The gauge of the stainless steel sink
The gauge of the stainless steel sinks is very important and determines the durability and sturdiness of the sink. The gauge value of stainless steel sinks ranges fro 16 to 20 gauge. The lower the gauge value the thicker will be the steel used. Like if the sink has a gauge value of 16 then it would be better than the 18g sink. While 18 is thicker than the 20g sink. You should always go for a lower gauge value if you need a sturdy sink in your kitchen.
The first and foremost thing that you need to inspect is the exact size the sink possesses. It should be the best fit according to the place or shelf where the you need to install the sink. Always determine the overall size depending upon the place you have prepared or already have, for the sink, to be fixed. Because if you choose to buy a product that doesn’t match the size of the actual place, then you will be in a great trouble. Do keep in mind what size you prefer, you can either buy a small, medium or large sized sinks.
Commonly, kitchen cabinets and shelves have a height of about 32” to 42” and the width could be 25 to 26”. So you can choose a sink with a variable length and depth depending upon the nature of use. As, for example, if you need a sink for heavy usage, you’ll need a larger sink. While for just hand washing or washing vegetables, you can have a medium or small sinks installed in your kitchen.
Number of Bowls
The second step in choosing the right kitchen sink is the number of bowls that you need. You may want to have a single bowl sink, a double bowl sink or a triple bowl sink depending upon the place you have the accessories you need to install within or along your sink and also the nature of pots and objects you’ll be washing. Definitely a sink with more number of bowls would be larger in size and you should consider that, before you decide on any of the types.
In case you cannot decide which one you should buy, here are a few tips:
- You should buy a single bowl sink for your kitchen when you have huge pots and dishes to be washed and need to have a wider more spacious sink to accommodate such pots and utensils.
- In case you need to sort various objects into separate categories, then you may need to have two bowls available as a sink.
- Additionally, if you have a habit to prepare your pots before these undergo washing and rinsing procedure, then having a third bowl is mandatory.
- The height of the kitchen cabinet,
- The height of the person
- and the pots that need to be washed.
You should decide about the depth according to these factors. As for a lower height cabinet, short heightened user and small utensils, it would be better to select a shallow sink.
The next comes the holes in the sink for taps and accessories you’ll be installing on the sink. You should look for the number of holes that are there in your shortlisted sink products. There can either be 1,2,3 or 4 holes for taps and accessories that can be installed on a sink.
The next important thing you need to look for is the mounting style. This refers to the capability of a sink to be fixed or mounted on the counter top or installed on the shelf. Kitchen sinks come in various styles with reference to the mounting styles. Like these can be:
Drop in sinks as the name indicates are installed in a very easy manner, they can be put onto the shelf that has been cut appropriately, according to the size of the sink. The sink can be put onto the pre-cut shelf to be fixed on. They come in two further variations, that are self-rimming and rimmed. The self rimming sinks can be fixed by just putting it on the shelf and fixing through clips or screws under the shelf. While the rimmed sinks can be fixed and the joint has a rim cover to conceal the joint and fix the sink properly.
The under-mount sinks are installed under the counter top and give more neat and clear look. They are best, if you have concerns regarding the aesthetics in your kitchen. But you should not consider this type of sink, if you have laminated counter tops and as it would not cover the brinks and edges.
Tile in sinks
Tile-in sinks are best when you have a pre-made tiled surface to install the exact sized sink. This gives an excellent finish and interior to the sink. This is very easy to clean and can provide a very sophisticated look.
In addition to the above mentioned features and sink types, you may also need to have or install some sinks that have special features and functions to provide to the user. These include the following types:
Features to Consider
After, determining the types and necessary configuration of the sink required, you should also consider the following features to finalize your decision:
After discussing all the necessary aspect and features about the best stainless steel kitchen sinks,we are sure you are well prepared to make your decision easily. No matter which type of sink you prefer, and how you like it to be installed we have it, all covered. But it is for sure, that you will base your decision on the basis of your needs and the required type of sink. One most important thing that you should never compromise on, is the quality and durability of the material and the gauge of the steel being used. Price and aesthetics are secondary when you are selecting a product like a kitchen sink. Because convenience and durability are the main concerns along with other useful features.
So, you should make your decision wisely. And with a proper knowledge base, you will be able to find a best kitchen sink for your kitchen.